Thursday, July 8, 2010

Many of the other RUF interns have inspired me to start a blog tracking my support raising and giving an update on the ministry. For those who do not know my plans for the next two years, let me give a brief introduction:

God has given me an opportunity to serve as an intern for RUF (Reformed University Fellowship) at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Georgia. I am absolutely thrilled about this opportunity and can not wait for my arrival on campus. My first involvement with RUF was my sophomore year in college at a Wednesday night large group at the Savannah College of Art and Design. To be honest, this was my first involvement with any religious organization in college and God has used this ministry to call me to Himself. To say the least, this was one of the most memorable and life changing nights of my entire 22 years. Throughout the next two years, I became more and more involved with RUF as well as a local church, Independent Presbyterian Church.

The campus minister at SCAD, Michael Gordon and his wife, Chris, have been two of the most influential people in my walk with Christ for many different reasons. Michael has pursued a relationship with me in not only helping me further understand the gospel but helping me in my fight against sin by taking a look at the deep root causes and how an understanding of God and His glorious Son can help me overcome these issues as well as develop a deeper relationship with God. They have shown me Christ in their love and care for me and I am forever thankful that God has put them in my life. For the students at Georgia Southern, I hope to be what Michael and Chris have so graciously been to me.

As many of you may know, the road that leads to GSU’s campus is not an easy ride. Because the internship is a 24/7 “job,” I will not have a way of supporting myself these next two years without your help. I am so blessed to serve in this ministry and hope that you will prayerfully consider joining me by helping me raise the support needed for my move to campus. I am behind on where I should be at this time, however, my hope is still high. Here is a small breakdown of where I am.

I need to have 85% of my total budget raised in either actual gifts or pledges two weeks before classes start at Georgia Southern, meaning I need to have my support raised by August 2nd. I am currently at 14%.

Total needed: $36,326
Move to campus (85%): $30,877.10
Where I am right now (14%): $5,200
Needed for move: $25,677.10

What I need:
15 families/individuals to give $100 a month
+
25 families/individuals to give $50 a month

You can give at http://www.ruf.org/support-us/

Although that seems like a small amount in comparison to the total needed, I am very encouraged and blessed to be where I am at. Thank you so much to those of you who have helped me in this process and who have so graciously given me your support, encouragement and prayers.


In Christ,

Jordi

No comments:

Post a Comment